This two and a half day seminar includes topics such as...|
• Myth vs. Reality
• Buying an Inn
• Business Planning
• Marketing and Promoting your Inn
• Hospitality and Food Service
• Daily Operations
• Using today's technology
Is Innkeeping for You? Come discover the art of inn keeping in the seaside village of Rockport, just 35 miles northeast of Boston. Rockport is home to over 40 bed and breakfasts, historic hotels, and guest houses. This is your unique opportunity to learn from experienced innkeepers and to tour a number of our distinctive inns.|
Friday, November 1, 2013, 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday, November 2, 2013, 8:30am - 8:00pm
Sunday, November 3, 2013, 8:30am - 5:30pm
The cost of this two and a half day seminar is $275.00 per person and includes 8 instructional and interactive sessions, inn tours, workbooks, materials, 2 lunches, 2 dinners and refreshments. Your lodging cost is not included. Please consider staying at any of our lovely distinctive Rockport Inns.|
Registration is limited!|
What you will learn:
Overview of the B&B Lifestyle
• A Typical Day - Myth vs Reality
• What you see vs behind the scenes.
• What you need to Survive and Thrive in your new lifestyle!
Buying an Inn
• Permits and Licensing
Creating Your Business Plan
• Taking the Emotion out of Decision-Making
• Pro-Forma Financial Projections (Balance Sheet,
Marketing and Promoting Your Inn
• Identify your competitive edge
• Dealing with guests from inquiry to checkout; establishing policies
• Creating a welcoming environment and providing a positive guest experience.
(This session will include hands on demonstrations)
• The art of breakfast garnishing
• Meeting Health Department Regulations
• Developing a website, brochure and social media
• B & B Reservation Software
Operations and Housekeeping
• Getting organized and establishing procedures;
• the importance of checklists
• Hiring and Managing your staff
Your Hosting Team includes Innkeepers of:
The Beech Tree B&B, Helene and Dan Duffy
The Eden Pines Inn, Mike Kern
The Inn on Cove Hill, Betsy Eck
The Sally Webster Inn, Suzan Galpin
Seven South Street Inn, B&B, Debbie Benn
For additional information please contact us at email@example.com
Debbie Benn 978-546-6708 or Helene Duffy 978-546-2864
Please complete this form and send your non-refundable $100.00 deposit to confirm your registration.
Checks should be made out to The Inns of Rockport and sent to:|
The Beech Tree B&B,
55 Broadway, Rockport, MA 01966
The charge for the seminar is $275.00 per person and includes 2 dinners, 2 lunches and refreshments. Breakfast is included in your bed and breakfast stay.
Once your registration is confirmed we will provide additional details and information for your lodging reservations. Balance of $175.00 is due 21 or more days before the seminar. Any cancellation after this time will result in a
credit of $175.00 towards a future seminar. Lodging cancellations will be governed by the Inn’s cancellation policy.
Seminar participation is limited to insure the appropriate level of personalized service you expect and deserve. Seminar registration is on a first come-first
served basis and should the seminar registration be full, we will advise you immediately and place you on a priority wait list.